22.5.11

artistic aspirations=soul breathing

Welcome to my new *art blog*! After years of inspired dreaming, traveling, sifting and shifting, I am finally picking up my pencils, charcoal, and brushes again... it is time.
IMG_9605 
I have always loved words... and art in general. This blog here will be a compilation of both; a place to share my creative endeavors as I'm beginning again at creating art! I hope that you'll join me and enjoy these artistic aspirations of mine... what feels to me very much like soul breathing.
aspiration [ˌæspɪˈreɪʃən]
n
1. strong desire to achieve something, such as success
2. the aim of such desire
3. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Physiology)
a.  the act of breathing
b.  a breath
4. (Linguistics / Phonetics & Phonology) Phonetics
a.  the pronunciation of a stop with an audible and forceful release of breath
b.  the friction of the released breath
c.  an aspirated consonant
5. (Medicine) removal of air or fluid from a body cavity by suction
6. (Medicine) Med
a.  the sucking of fluid or foreign matter into the air passages of the body
b.  the removal of air or fluid from the body by suction
aspiratory  [əˈspaɪrətərɪ -trɪ ˈæspɪrətərɪ -trɪ] adj

2 comments:

  1. soul breathing... i like that. we should all have a creative outlet. while i enjoy drawing and painting, i tend to experience more frustration with it than joy. i think that is why i enjoy photography so much... it is the one time that my product matches my vision. :) i can't wait to see what you create, beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marsha! Yes, we totally need a creative outlet (or two, or three). Actually, I've been reminded of how frustrating drawing can be too! lol No piece ever really turns out exactly how I'd hoped or envisioned it, but then, that's part of the fun of it all; to see where it'll take me, right?! I will always love photography though too, for its more immediate accessibility, as well as its realism. However, isn't it so interesting and FUN when your pics' creativity surpass what you actually saw with your eyes when taking the pic(s). Think *bokeh*! lol

    ReplyDelete