19.6.11

profile sketch


Just wanted to mention that I've published an article over on my *homeschool and family life* blog about how much my oldest two kids and I have been enjoying Gritty Jane's workshop, as well as a particular book: art appreciation, lessons and a bit of a book review. 

It's been so fulfilling to be FINALLY accomplishing a long-time goal of mine- besides just drawing again- to be drawing my childrens' portraits, and now painting again- as exciting, long awaited first steps towards seriously diving back into making art again! The process alone is so rewarding and cathartic, on so many levels, and sharing it with my kids has been such a blessing.
I've finally started the first portrait painting that I've done in a looooooooooooong time, like try 17 years or so? I've really enjoyed adding the collaging/texture aspect to this painting; so excited to see how it turns out. But just as I was getting started, I've had to stop for awhile and am putting my art supplies aside for the next couple of months as I'm spending my free time packing for our upcoming move to MO (yay!), which will be in the next month, followed by a long road-trip deep, down south to visit family. 

After we get somewhat settled on the other side, I'll be loading up the chillins' and heading down to visit our family in Biloxi, MS and then over to central FL to visit our family there as well... so it will most likely be at least a couple of months before I'm able to get back to my painting(s)... However, I'm looking forward to seeing what more I can create once we get settled in our new *home*. I'll be carrying my sketchbook along though, with my camera- of course.

And meanwhile, I hope to somehow find some snippets of time to write more during these adventurous next couple of months.

Thank you to all of my new *followers* for *liking* my venture here! Your interest is very encouraging, and I just hope that my artistic endeavors might somehow inspire and brighten your own world(s).

2 comments:

  1. What a great job Beth! It looks just like her! I loved the one above this too! You are so talented:) I wish I could draw and paint...I would love to take classes some day. Blessings, Jerelene

    ReplyDelete